Faith, something that one cannot see, smell, hear, or touch yet something so powerful that only one's heart could explain.
To our administrators, guests, JPIA officers, my fellow Bedans and to our new Bedan CPAs, a pleasant evening to all of you.
I was an average accounting student in college. I was a transferee from another school because I failed my qualifying exams. Luckily, San Beda accepted me. I don't usually get high grades in recitations and exams. I even got several 5s in my transcript. Even during the review, I remained to be in the average. I ranked low during our preboard exams. I even guessed (I shaded letter "a" for about 10 numbers due to lack of time) in the MAS board exam. I should have been rattled, I should have lost hope, but I didn't. Why? Because of one thing, FAITH.
It was said that "everything is possible for those who believe". And for the past four years, I've been living in faith that I'll become a CPA on October 2010. I've carried this faith all throughout my college life in San Beda and even during the review. It wasn't easy. There were times that I wanted to give up. But that faith in my heart keeps on burning and always refocuses my mind that my thoughts will become my reality and my faith will save me. I would always find myself praying and telling God that "Lord, if this is not Your will, You will not let any of these to happen. But since You did, I know that this is Yours and You will never let go of me and I'm claiming victory in Your Name". My faith gave me confidence. It reassured me that I shouldn't doubt nor fear. And because God is faithful, I am here in front of you, giving my speech in my 8th Testimonial dinner, the one that I've been dreaming to attend ever since I became a JPIA officer, my very own Testimonial Dinner.
To our younger brothers and sisters who are still fighting for their survival in the program, NEVER LOSE HOPE. You may have failed several times already but who cares? All you need to do is to stand up, compose yourself, focus your mind on your ultimate dream and never allow that brief period in your life to define who you are. You are bigger than your circumstance, you are greater than your situation, you might have gone through something but you are not what you've gone through, don't let it stick to you. Just keep on moving forward because GOD HAS A PLAN IN YOUR LIFE. More than 95% of our batch graduated with a grade of 5 in our transcripts, but look at where we are now. The program may let you suffer but let San Beda become your training ground. Hindi madaling humabol sa review at mahirap yung first view. Variances almost killed us. Just let your professors train you and give you a taste of "hell". After all, everything that you've worked hard for will pay off. And always keep in mind your greatest sufferings will become your greatest blessings.
To our dearest professors, your living by example, guidance and resilience have given us so much inspiration to serve others too without conditions. Your devotion to your noble task has made us realize that there is no other way to love but to work with dedication. Thank you for patiently teaching us and for also failing us. We'll be forever grateful to you for helping us achieve our dreams and you'll always be remembered.
To JPIA, thank you for making one of the dreams of a person who have attended 7 testimonial dinners and organized 6 come true. Thank you for all the support during our board exams (special mention to our boardops chair, Coline Sapon, for lending your jacket). You'll never really understand the feeling of having someone deliver your lunch to you, taking away the hassle of going out and long lines during lunch breaks, until you yourself is the examinee.
To my dearest batchmates, I know this is late, but allow me to congratulate each one of you for a job well done. Finally, the dream that we have worked hard for four years (or five or six for some) already paid off. Thank you for being my heaven in the midst of hell. I am proud that I belong to this batch. A batch of generous individuals who selflessly shares their handouts and makes it a point that there's a copy left in the photocopying center for anyone who needs it; a batch who may have different barkadas but still manages to be close and be one both in happy and difficult times; a batch who survived two dantes plus one manuel in a semester; a batch who loves surprise parties and dating games; a batch with excellent women basketball players, our "dakilang taga-gm" Roger Ramos and our generous topnotcher, Marvin Martija; but most of all, a batch who knows what Bedan Brotherhood really means. We did it batchmates! We made San Beda proud! :) And as we enter the corporate world, we now have a bigger responsibility as we pay our taxes for the first time. Let our little steps create bigger ripples going toward successes just like what we have all obtained. I wish only the best for each one of us as we let them see what Bedan CPAs are made of.
This success is not mine. It is His. He intentionally put road blocks along my way so that I would learn to enjoy and live each day. Truly, in all things He works for good to all those who loved Him. To the One who made all of these possible, my thank you's will never be enough. But allow me to be a living testimony of your goodness and grace. Thank you for leading me where I am now. That in all things may You be glorified!
Thank you ladies and gentlemen. And good evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment